Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Trip to the Chemist (Kenyan Pharmacy)

So, in Kenya pharmacists are called chemists.  Yesterday, we ended up taking nine Agape boys to see the doctor for a variety of maladies . . . malaria, stomach virus, headaches, fevers . . . you name, we got it.  Our nurse at Agape is on leave this month, so the sickness couldn't have come at a worse time.  Anyway, while waiting for the prescriptions to be filled I asked the Indian owners of the pharmacy if I could take a few photos.


A quick look around the chemist shop . . . 


I think my kids drink this every day.


Sounds like something a guy should be selling out of the back of a wagon in the Old West.


You'd think Prunol would be a laxative not cough syrup.


This is the first advertisement I've ever seen for a human rabies vaccination.


What all of this medicine does, I have no idea.


How to take antimalarials . . . 


My family could be the spokesperson for this drug.  We've taken it in the US and in Kenya!


Feeling pooped?  (Ha, ha)


More anti-malarials . . . .

2 comments:

  1. missed this post somehow. their graphics are so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit, I have not been on web page in a long time.however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues.
    online pharmacy

    ReplyDelete