Friday, December 2, 2011

Our Amazing Creator!!!


I was walking into my office a few minutes ago, and noticed this incredible moth on my window.


Polyphemus Moth (I think)

So check this little guy out . . . God gave him spots on his wings . . . and if you use your imagination, do you see a bright white smile?  The purpose of these markings is so that predators will think that the moth is a much larger animal and will look for easier prey.  So, my questions for the proponent of evolution are, "How did these spots evolve?" . . . "Was it simply by chance that this species of moth survived through thousands of years, because it just happened that he had spots on his wings?" . . . "How did the spots get there to begin with?" . . . "How did the transient life forms that preceded this moth survive without having spots on their wings?"  The questions go, on and on and on . . .

I have a much more plausible explanation . . . a creator with a focused plan and design chose to create this creature with these distinct features to help protect it in a world full of predators.  Isn't God amazing!!!!  

Here's another example of camouflage that God uses for an Atlas Moth (I didn't take this photo).  Notice the moth's wing tips that closely resemble snake heads.  Absolutely amazing!!!

atlas moth

Atlas Moth (30 cm wide, that's almost 12 inches!)

Discussions about God's creation always take me back to one of my favorite Scripture verses: 

For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.  So they are without excuse.  
Romans 1:20

No comments:

Post a Comment