Saturday, June 23, 2012

Preaching in Kenya

I had a cool opportunity last Sunday to preach at a church in the Obunga slum, on the outskirts of Kisumu.  Patrick, one of my staff members, is the pastor at Victory World Outreach and asked that I come and preach to his congregation.  I taught from Romans 8, walking through the process of how God foreknew, predestined, calls, justifies, and eventually glorifies those who are to become His children.  Here are a few photos of this awesome experience!!!


We're normally pretty casual in Kenya, but Kenyans are VERY formal, especially when it comes to church.  Here I'm preaching with my interpreter, Enos, just after shedding my suit jacket.  A little sweat never hurt anyone!


Here's a photo of the inside of the church and some of the congregants.  There were a ton of kids in the service and they far outnumbered the adults. Patrick wants to start a children's ministry at the church to begin to minister to these kids more directly.


Here's a photo of the Church (God's people) outside the church.  Patrick is the guy in the suit, crouching down in the photo.  


A random photo of a Kenyan traffic jam on the way home from church.

No comments:

Post a Comment