Sunday, September 25, 2011

Our New Ride

Praise the Lord!!!  After seven weeks in Kenya, we finally have our family vehicle!  As you may have read in some of our posts last month, we were considering buying a mini-van for the family, but after talking to a lot of folks (mechanics included), we were encouraged to buy something a little more sturdy for the Kenyan roads.  Between bad roads, potholes and speed bumps, a mini-van just won't cut it long term . . . so, let me introduce you to our new family friend, Big Red!


Big Red is a 1995 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, and we are so thankful to have it!  I purchased it through a small company in Nairobi that helps missionaries buy and sell vehicles.  Last Friday, Steve Warn and I flew to Nairobi, and drove the 7-hours back to Kisumu . . . quite a test drive.  Well, Big Red passed with flying colors!  A big thank you to all of you who have been praying for us to find a vehicle!!!  (Note:  If you look closely, there's a turtle hiding behind the back left tire.)

3 comments:

  1. Chris hi,you were such a nice person.May God bless you.Agape made me what I am today.I'm so grateful about you.

    ReplyDelete